These sweet energy balls will transport you on a beach with palm trees and white sand! The sugars contained in this snack will provide quick energy to keep you hiking whether you are on the beach or on a snow-covered mountain!
- ½ cup (125 ml) pitted dates
- ½ cup (125 ml) dried and sweetened pineapples
- ½ cup (125 ml) roasted cashews*
- ½ cup (125 ml) sweetened shredded coconut, divided in 2 equal parts**
* I used coconut cashews from Trader Joe’s to get extra coconut taste.
** If you want a snack that doesn’t taste super sweet, I suggest you use unsweetened coconut.
- Put aside ¼ cup (60 ml) of shredded coconut.
- Combine all the other ingredients in food processor.
- Blend until it reaches the desired texture. This can take a few minutes.
- Roll into balls and roll in the shredded coconut.
- Wrap for your trips! Enjoy!
Keep them in the fridge or even freeze them for better conservation!