The freeze-dried berries bring a nice freshness to this quick breakfast recipe. High in protein (21g/serving) and ridiculously easy to make on the trail, this breakfast will allow you an early start on the trail. Substitute the skim milk powder by full-fat milk powder (e.g. Nido) to add 80 calories to your meal.
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- ¾ cup (175 ml) homemade chocolate granola
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) skim milk powder
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) freeze dried raspberries
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) freeze dried blueberries
- spork or spoon
- Mix in a plastic bag: all the ingredients
- Pour about ¾ cup (175 ml) of cold water in the bag.
- Mix well and enjoy!