March 6, 2018
Note: This post contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
Maple syrup can be use in much more recipes than only pancakes. High in simple sugars, it is a quick source of energy for all your outdoor adventures. Since March is the prime season for maple syrup production, I thought I would share my favorite ways to enjoy maple syrup on the trail.
Get the real thing
First of all, you will need real maple syrup. Not the fake brown sweet thing that is made of white sugar or corn syrup. No, if we talk maple syrup, we need the real thing that is only made of maple syrup! If you are in the US, you can purchase real maple maple syrup on Amazon.com. If you are in Canada, then just go to the grocery store!
Top 3 backcountry breakfast ideas with maple syrup:
- Backpacker’s French Toasts with maple syrup
- Sweeten your oatmeal with maple sugar or maple syrup.
- Blueberry pancakes with maple syrup
Top 3 outdoor snacks with maple syrup:
- Homemade Maple Gummies
- Maple Candied Pecans and Apples with Sea Salt Sprinkles
- Maple Almond Butter Squeeze Packs
Sweet teeth, enjoy!
By Gen Masson, MSc, RD, CD