Perfect for these laid-back mornings when watching the sunrise while sipping your coffee and enjoying a delicious breakfast is more important than hitting the trail early! Feel free to add your personal twist by changing the toppings: walnuts + honey or cranberries + white chocolate + macademia nuts. Just make sure to include nuts or seeds to bump the energy (calorie) content of your meal.
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- 9 English muffin halves (4.5 English muffin)
- ½ cup (125 ml) dehydrated whole eggs
- ½ cup (125 ml) skim milk powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) canola oil
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) real maple syrup
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped roasted pecans
- Stove + fuel
- lightweight non-stick pan
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Bowls to eat (you could always eat directly in the pan, no judgement here!)
- Sporks or forks!
- Mix in plastic bag #1: dehydrated eggs, skim milk powder and brown sugar.
- Pack maple syrup in a leak-proof container.
- Add 1 cup of cold water in the egg mix and shake well the plastic bag.
- Soak every English muffins in the egg mix.
- Put some oil in the pan.
- Cook the french toast on both sides in the pan at low temperature.
- Add maple syrup and pecans to taste.