This is the perfect snack for high intensity workouts. Going for a stairs training, an interval running session or a high-intensity ski outing? These gummies will provide quick energy as well as electrolytes to help you retain the fluids you are drinking. Can also rescue a training session or an outdoor exploration when the fuel tank gets low, you hit the wall or you bonk (whatever expression you use to describe this state of very low energy!).
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) water
- 2 envelopes (7.2 g each) of unflavored gelatin
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) real maple syrup
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) sea salt
- In a small mixing bowl, mix water and gelatin. The gelatin will absorb all of the water and forms lumps. Don’t worry about it.
- Bring the maple syrup and salt to boil and mix for a few seconds to dissolve the salt.
- Take off the heat and pour over the gelatin lumps.
- Stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour in silicone candy molds (silicone candy molds) and let it cool for about an hour.
- Remove from molds and pack for your next adventure!