The fanciest of trail mixes, this mix combines sweet and salty flavors for a premium snack on the trail. It is a good option for these cold outdoor adventures when maximizing the energy density (calories/weight) is a must. It also does taste super good on day snowshoeing or backcountry skiing adventures!
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- ½ cup (125 ml) gluten-free puffed rice
- 1 cup (250 ml) pecans
- ½ cup (125 ml) dried apples
- ¼ cup (60 ml) real maple syrup
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) sea salt
- In a bowl, mix the puffed rice, pecans and dried apples.
- Add the maple syrup and mix well for all the ingredients to be covered.
- Spread the mix on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the salt over the preparation.
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 325 F (163C).
- Let it cool down for about 30 minutes before storing it containers or bags.