Crispy and salty, these roasted chickpeas are healthy alternatives to chips with their high content in fiber. Due to their relatively low energy density, this snack would be better for day trips or shorter backpacking trips, when energy needs are more modest and space is not an issue.
- 1 can (18 oz or 540 ml) chickpeas, rinsed
- 1½ tbsp (22 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) curry powder
- 1 generous pinch of salt
- Pat dry the chickpeas.
- Add the olive oil and mix well.
- Put parchment paper on a cookie sheet and pour the chickpeas on it.
- Roast for 30 minutes in the ovenat 400F (205C).
- Transfer the chickpeas in a bowl containing the curry powder and salt. Mix well.
- Return the chickpeas on the cookie sheet and roast in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Let the roasted chickpeas cool and store them in an air-tight container.