Some Canadian friends told me these protein balls remind them of the famous Tim Hortons’ Timbits. Although these protein balls have similar taste and shape than the Timbits, their nutritional value is way more interesting with 4.7g of fiber and 9.3 g of protein per serving (2 balls).
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- ¾ cup (175 ml) chopped dates
- ½ cup (125 ml) orange juice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) fresh orange zest
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cocoa
- 1 cup (250 ml) quick oats
- ¾ cup (175 ml) whey protein isolate
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) coconut flour, divided
- Bring dates and orange juice to boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the dry ingredients: orange zest, oats, cocoa, whey protein isolate and ¼ cup of coconut flour.
- Add the dates and orange juice and mix well.
- Make balls with the dough and roll into the remaining coconut flour.
- Pack for your next adventure!
Shredded coconut can also be used to roll the protein balls.