These energy balls have a subtil coffee taste that will please the coffee lovers but are sweet enough to please the non coffee drinkers. This snack kept me going on a recent climb of Mt.Rainier that was longer than expected. I am not sure how I managed to save one energy ball to take a picture at the top…
- ¾ cup (175 ml) chopped dates
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) old-fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cocoa
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) instant coffee
- ½ cup (125 ml) unsweetened shredded coconut
- Bring dates and water to boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using a potato masher, puree the dates.
- Add dry ingredients: oats, instant coffee and cocoa.
- Mix well.
- Roll into balls with the shredded coconut.
- Pack for your next adventure!