These heavy-duty cookies are perfect to fuel your next expedition. They contain healthy fats (from cashew butter and chia seeds) and almost 10g of protein, which is huge for a cookie! However, these nutrition components do not undermine the taste. With a strong molasse taste and a smooth texture, these cookies will remind you ok sweet childhood memories!
- ½ cup (125 ml) winter squash (e.g. butternut) or sweet potato puree
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) molasse
- ¾ cup (180 ml) cashew butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) baking powder
- 1 ½ cup (375 ml) quick oats*
- 1 ½ cup (375 ml) oat flour*
- ½ cup (125 ml) skim milk powder
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chia seeds
* Make sure to get gluten-free quick oats and oat flour if you have to follow a gluten-free diet.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the winter squash puree, the molasse, the cashew butter, the eggs and the vanilla extract.
- Then add all of the dry ingredients and mix again.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked in a preheated oven at 350F (175C).
- Let them cool for a few minutes.
Will last about 1 week at room temperature, unless eaten before! For better conservation, wrap the cookies individually and freeze them.