Sweet to perfection, these energy balls were a success on a backcountry ski trip! They are low-fat and are packed with carbohydrates for energy during the long grueling skin up sections.
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- ¾ cup (175 ml) chopped dates
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) powdered peanut butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cocoa
- Bring dates and water to boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the dry ingredients: oats, powdered peanut butter and cocoa.
- Add the dates and mix well.
- Roll into balls.
- Pack for your next adventure!