Do you have old bananas agonizing on your kitchen counter? If yes, this recipe will relieve their long wait! You add chocolate and PB: you have the perfect trio!
These bite-size cookies are perfect to fuel during winter or spring outdoor explorations. This recipe is made with whole wheat flour and flaxseed meal, which increases the fiber content to a reasonable 2g/cookie!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (125 ml) peanut butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) brown sugar
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) baking soda
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) flaxseed meal
- 1½ cup (375 ml) whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup (125 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup (125 ml) peanuts
- In a large bowl, mix the banana, egg, peanut butter, vanilla extract and brown sugar. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, flaxseed and flour.
- Add the flour mix to the wet ingredients.
- Incorporate the chocolate chips and the peanuts.
- Drop cookie dough 1 tbsp. at a time onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375F (190C).
These cookies can be frozen individually. They will be ready to go on your way to your next adventure!