Extra chocolate (cocoa + white chocolate chips) makes this oatmeal deliciously rich and creamy. Treat yourself with this filling and satisfying breakfast to start a long day in the outdoors.
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- ½ cup (125 ml) quick oats
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) whole milk powder
- ½ cup (125 ml) freeze dried strawberries
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) white chocolate chips
- 1½ tbsp. (22 ml) roasted cocoa nibs
- a pinch of salt
- Stove + fuel
- Pot to boil water
- Bowls to eat
- sporks or forks!
- Mix in a plastic bag: all the ingredients
- Bring to boil about 1 cup of water.
- Pour boiling water over dry ingredients and mix.
- Wait for a few minutes and enjoy!