This recipe is very filling with a surprising 26g of protein per serving. It is also delicious and a nice change from the sweet breakfast options.
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- 1 cup (250 ml) dehydrated whole eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried chives
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dried bell peppers (I used a mix of green and red peppers)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dried spinach
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dried basil
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 4.2 oz. (119g) dehydrated hashbrowns potatoes
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) canola oil
- Stove + fuel
- Pot to boil water
- Lightweight pan
- Wooden spoon to mix
- Bowl to eat
- Sporks or forks!
- Mix in plastic bag #1: eggs, chives, dried bell peppers, dried spinach, dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour oil in a leakproof bottle.
- Bring to boil about 1 cup of water.
- Pour boiling water in the dehydrated hashbrowns. If you use the “Golden Grill” container, you only need to pour water until you reach the line. If not, just add enough water to rehydrate the potatoes and wait 12 minutes.
- Mix 1 cup (250 ml) of cold water in bag 1.
- Put 1 tbsp (15 ml) of oil in the pan. Scramble the egg and vegetable mix until cooked. Remove from the pan.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil in the pan. Stir-fry the hashbrowns until lightly crispy and golden. Add the cooked egg and vegetables.