This one-pot recipe is rich in flavors and in carbohydrates! It will provide the energy needed to recharge the batteries in prevision for a long day of backpacking.
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- 3 oz (90g) thin rice vermicelli
- ½ cup (125 ml) freeze dried mixed vegetables
- ¼ cup (60 ml) textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) coconut milk powder
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) dried chives
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) red curry spices powder
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) dehydrated pineapple chunks
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) salt
- Stove + fuel
- Pot large enough for 1 liter (4 cups)
- Wooden spoon to mix
- Bowls to eat (you could always eat directly in the pot, no judgement here!)
- Sporks or forks!
- Mix in plastic bag #1: all the ingredients.
- Bring 2 cups (500 ml) of water to boil.
- Add the content of bag #1 and cook until the noodles are cooked.