Treat yourself on lazy automn backcountry mornings with these delicious sweet pumpkin pancakes!
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- ½ cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) dehydrated whole eggs
- ½ cup (125 ml) whole milk powder
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) pumpkin powder
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) pumpkin spices
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) canola oil
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) real maple syrup
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) roasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Stove + fuel
- lightweight non-stick pan
- Bowl or plate to eat
- sporks or forks!
- Mix all the ingredients, except the oil, maple syrup and pumpkin seeds in a plastic bag.
- Pour canola oil and maple syrup in separate leakproof containers.
- Pack the pumpkin seeds in a separate bag.
- Add about 1 cup (250 ml) of cold water to the content of plastic bag.
- Close the plastic bag and mix well the batter by shaking the bag.
- Put some oil in the pan and pour some of the batter.
- Cook at low temperature for a few minutes and flip the pancake halfway.
- Remove from the pan when cooked and repeat until there is no more batter.
- Enjoy with maple syrup!