This soup makes a perfect appetizer and kick-starts the rehydration process after a long day on the trail.
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- 2 individual packs of instant miso soup
- 60 g (2 oz) rice noodles
- 1 package (20g) freeze dried edamame
- Stove + fuel
- Pot large enough for 1 liter (4 cups)
- Wooden spoon to mix
- Bowl to eat (you could always eat directly in the pot, no judgement here!)
- sporks or spoons!
- Put the rice noodles in a plastic bag.
- Pack the miso soup and the freeze dried edamame.
- Bring to boil 2 cups of water.
- Add the rice noodles and the edamame and simmer until the rice noodles are fully cooked.
- Remove from heat, add the content of the miso packs.
- Mix well and enjoy!