These sweet mango gummies will fuel your high-intensity workouts perfectly. Going for a stairs training, an interval running session or a high-intensity ski outing? These gummies will provide quick energy as well as electrolytes to help you retain the fluids you are drinking. Can also rescue a training session or an outdoor exploration when the fuel tank gets low, you hit the wall or you bonk (whatever expression you use to describe this state of very low energy!).
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- 2 envelopes (7.2 g each) of unflavored gelatin
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) mango juice
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh or frozen mango, cubed
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) lime or lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) honey
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) sea salt
- In a small mixing bowl, mix 2 tbsp (30 ml) of mango juice and gelatin. The gelatin will absorb all of juice and forms lumps. Don’t worry about it.
- Bring the rest of the mango juice, mango cubes, lemon juice, honey and salt to boil and mix for a few seconds to dissolve the salt.
- Using a handheld blender, puree the mango mix. This doesn’t need to be perfect, as including real fruit pieces in the gummies add an interesting texture.
- Take off the heat and pour over the gelatin lumps.
- Stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour in silicone candy molds (silicone candy molds) and let it cool for about an hour.
- Remove from molds and pack for your next adventure!