Warm, sweet and rich, this basic hot chocolate recipe will help you to relax after a long day of adventuring. This drink contains 12g of high-quality protein, which is 11g more than your commercial hot chocolate powder prepared with hot water! It also provides some quickly absorbed carbohydrates and liquids to kickstart the recovery process.
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) cocoa
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) powdered milk
- pinch of salt
- Stove + fuel
- Pot to boil water
- Cup to drink
- Sporks or forks
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Bring to boil about 1 cup (250 ml) of water.
- In a cup, mix the content of the bag with about 1 tbsp (15 ml) of cold water to make a paste.
- Add boiling water to the chocolate paste and mix well. Enjoy!
Add dried orange zest, cinnamon or cardamon for a deluxe version.