This noodle dish contains a rich and generous broth. It is an hybrid between a soup and a traditional noodle dish. Quick to prepare on the trail as it only requires boiling water to rehydrate, it will not disappoint. And bonus: very little dishes to clean!
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- (2 oz) 60 g thin rice vermicelli (like the ones for spring rolls)
- ¼ cup ( 60 ml) textured vegetable protein (TVP) *
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) mix of dried bell peppers
- ¼ cup (60 ml) freeze dried green peas
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried carrots
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dried chives
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) yellow curry powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vegetable broth powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) coconut milk powder
- Stove + fuel
- 1-quart mylar bag
- Clip or tape to close the mylar bag.
- Spork or fork!
- In a mylar bag : mix all the ingredients.
- Bring 2 cups (500 mL) of water to boil.
- Pour water in the mylar bag and close the bag with a clip or tape.
- Wait about 8 minutes or until the ingredients are well rehydrated.
- Do NOT drain, as the broth is very flavorful.
- Mix well.