Quinoa for breakfast: why not? Chocolate for breakfast: double why not? With 19g of protein and 8g of fiber, this breakfast is satisfying and will provide energy for a long time. Add freeze dried berries for added texture, flavor and nutrients.
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) quinoa
- ¼ tsp. (1 ml) sea salt
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) whole milk powder
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) roasted cocoa nibs
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) brown sugar
- Stove + fuel
- Pot big enough for 1 L
- Bowl to eat
- sporks or forks!
- Mix in plastic bag #1 : quinoa and salt.
- Mix in plastic bag #2: whole milk powder, cocoa powder, coconut flakes, cocoa nibs, pecans and brown sugar.
- Pour the content of bag #1 and 1 cup of water in a pot.
- Bring to boil and cook for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is fully cooked.
- Add the content of bag #2 and mix well.
- Add freeze dried berries if desired.