This oatmeal recipe will satisfy the hungriest backpacker appetite with 19g of protein and 10g of fiber.
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- ½ cup (125 ml) quick oats
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) skim milk powder
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) dried blueberries
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) sweetened and shredded dried coconut
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) brown sugar
- Stove + fuel
- Pot to boil water
- Bowl to eat
- sporks or forks!
- Mix in a plastic bag: mix all the ingredients
- Bring to boil about 1 cup of water.
- Pour boiling water over dry ingredients and mix.
- Wait for a few minutes and enjoy!