This overnight oat recipe is perfect to kick-start a long day of outdoor adventures, without having to use a stove. Just pour water over the oats mix the night before and let time makes its effect. Customize your overnight oats by switching up the dried fruits, nuts and flavors.
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- ½ cup (125 ml) quick oats
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) dried blueberries
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) dried cherries
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) chia seeds
- 1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) skim milk powder
- Container with twisting lid, big enough for 2 cups (Talenti jars and empty peanut butter jars work well)
- sporks or forks!
- Mix in a plastic bag: mix all the ingredients, except for skim milk powder.
- Pack skim milk powder separately.
At camp - Night before
- Pour oat mix in the container.
- Pour 1 cup of water over the dry ingredients, put the lid back on the container and shake it.
- Let it soak overnight in a bearproof spot (bearvault, cache or other).
At camp - Morning
- Add the skim milk powder and mix well.
- Add more cold water if desired.