Quinoa for breakfast: why not? With 18g of protein and 8g of fiber, this breakfast is satisfying and will provide energy for a long time.
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) quinoa
- ¼ tsp. (1 ml) sea salt
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) whole milk powder
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) dried apples
- ½ tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) chopped pecans
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) brown sugar
- Stove + fuel
- Pot to boil water
- Bowl to eat
- sporks or forks!
- Mix in plastic bag #1 : mix the quinoa and salt.
- Mix in plastic bag #2: mix whole milk powder, dried apples, cinnamon, pecans and brown sugar.
- Pour the content of bag #1 and 1 cup of water in a pot.
- Bring to boil and cook for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is fully cooked.
- Add the content of bag #2.