The perfect comfort food, this mac&cheese is creamy, rich and made with real (freeze dried) cheddar cheese. When calorie needs are high and space limited in your packs, don’t look further!
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- 1 cup (250 ml) macaroni
- ¾ cup (175 ml) freeze dried cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) dried chives
- ¼ cup (60 ml) whole milk powder
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) parmigiano reggiano, shredded
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) cooked bacon bits or bacon jerky
- 1 pinch of each: salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper
- Stove + fuel
- Pot large enough for 2 liters (8 cups)
- Wooden spoon to mix
- Bowl to eat (you could always eat directly in the pot, no judgement here!)
- Sporks or forks!
- Mix in bag #1: macaroni and freeze dried cheddar cheese
- Mix in bag #2: whole milk powder, dried chives, parmigiano reggiano, bacon, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bring about 1½ cup (375 ml) of water to boil.
- Add the pasta and freeze dried cheese.
- Cook until pasta are al dente while mixing occasionally to avoid the cheese to stick to the bottom.
- Add the content of bag #2.
- Mix well and enjoy!