This recipe combines savory and sweet tastes for a perfect breakfast. With 25g of proteins, it is a satisfying breakfast.
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) 2 tbsp (30 ml) dried onion flakes
- ½ cup (125 ml) dried sweet potato dices
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dried bell peppers (I used a mix of green and red peppers)
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) of each: dried rosemary and salt
- ½ tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dried spinach
- ¾ cup (175 ml) freeze dried cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (125 ml) dehydrated whole eggs
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) salt
- ¾ tsp (3 ml) chili powder
- Stove + fuel
- Pot large enough for 8 cups (2 liters)
- Wooden spoon to mix
- Bowl to eat
- Sporks or forks!
- Mix in plastic bag #1: dried onion flakes, dried sweet potatoes, dried bell peppers, rosemary, salt and paprika.
- Mix in plastic bag #2: freeze dried cheddar cheese and spinach.
- Mix in plastic bag #3: eggs, salt and chili powder.
- Bring to boil about 2¼ cup (560 ml) of water.
- Pour ¾ cup (175 ml) of boiling water in the bag #2 and let the cheese rehydrate.
- Pour the content of bag #1 in the remainder of boiling water. Simmer until the sweet potatoes are fully cooked.
- Mix ½ cup (125 ml) of cold water in bag #3.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked, add the content of bag #3 and cook for a few minutes until the eggs are cooked.
- Add the rehydrated cheese and spinach mix.
- Mix well and enjoy!