Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) dry pasta (I used penne)
- ½ cup (125 ml) dried bell peppers
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) dried chives
- ¼ cup ( 60 ml) parmesan cheese
- ½ cup (125 ml) powdered milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried dill
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 Alfredo sauce package (I used the brand Knorr)
- 2 packages of smoked salmon jerky (2 x 3oz)
- Stove + fuel
- Pot large enough for 2 liters (8 cups)
- Wooden spoon to mix
- Bowls to eat (you could always eat directly in the pot, no judgement here!)
- Sporks or forks!
- Mix in plastic bag #1: pasta, dehydrated bell peppers and dried chives.
- Mix in plastic bag #2: parmesan cheese, powdered milk, dried dill and black pepper
- Bring 1 L (4 cups) of water to boil.
- Add the content of bag #1 and cook pasta until almost al dente. Do NOT drain.
- Add the content of bag #2 and the Alfredo sauce.
- Mix well and bring to boil. Let simmer until it thickens.
- Cut smoked salmon jerky in small pieces.
- Add the smoked salmon to the cooked pasta, mix well and enjoy!