If you like bacon, you’ll love this recipe! It is filling, with 18g of protein per serving, it is a good way to start a day in the outdoors!
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- ½ cup (125 ml) dehydrated whole eggs
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) dried chives
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) real crumbled bacon (the ones for salads)
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) canola oil
- 4.2 oz. (119g) dehydrated hashbrowns potatoes
- salt and pepper
- Stove + fuel
- Pot to boil water
- Lightweight pan
- Wooden spoon to mix
- Bowl to eat
- Sporks or forks!
- Mix in plastic bag #1: eggs, chives, crumbled bacon, salt and pepper.
- Pour oil in a leakproof bottle.
- Bring to boil about 1 cup of water.
- Pour boiling water in the dehydrated hashbrowns. If you use the “Golden Grill” container, you only need to pour water until you reach the line. If not, just add enough water to rehydrate the potatoes and wait 12 minutes.
- Mix ½ cup (125 ml) of cold water in bag 1.
- Put 1 tbsp (15 ml) of oil in the pan. Scramble the egg and bacon mix until cooked. Remove from the pan.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil in the pan. Stir-fry the hashbrowns until lightly crispy and golden. Add the cooked egg and bacon.