Perfect recipe for mushroom lovers! Rich and creamy, this dish is the perfect comfort food on a chilly backpacking night. Technically, this recipe is not vegetarian because of the beef broth added to it but it can easily be changed for a vegetable broth.
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- 3 ½ cups (875 ml) dry egg noodles
- ¾ cup (175 ml) freeze dried white mushrooms
- ¾ cup (175 ml) dried chanterelle mushrooms
- ¾ cup (175 ml) textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1 cube beef broth
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried tarragon
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dried chives
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 can (225 ml) Table Cream by Nestlé (thick cream)
- Stove + fuel
- Pot large enough for 2 liters (8 cups)
- Wooden spoon to mix
- Bowls to eat (you could always eat directly in the pot, no judgement here!)
- Sporks or forks!
- Mix in plastic bag #1: everything, except the can of cream.
- Bring 1.25 L (5 cups) of water to boil.
- Add the content of bag #1 and cook until the noodles are al dente. Do NOT drain.
- Add the content of can of cream.
- Mix well and enjoy!
Feel free to try different types of mushrooms in this recipe. If you have the adequate knowledge, you could even use the mushrooms you find on the trail!