This super-easy-to-make soup is the perfect way to rehydrate after a long day in the outdoors. It does not contain enough energy (only 112 calories) for a dinner but is the perfect appetizer!
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) 10 minute barley
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) dried parsley
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) dried carrots
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) freeze dried white mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cube of beef broth (for the equivalent of 1 cup of broth)
- Stove + fuel
- Pot large enough for 2 liters (8 cups)
- Wooden spoon to mix
- Bowl to eat (you could always eat directly in the pot, no judgement here!)
- sporks or spoons!
- Mix all the ingredients in plastic bag #1.
- Mix 375 ml (1 1⁄2 cup) of water with the content of bag #1 in pot.
- Bring to boil and then simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the barley is cooked to your taste.