Rich in flavor (and in calories!), this recipe is perfect for these difficult overnight backpacking trips.
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- 1 package of 17.6 oz (500g) gnocchi
- 3.25 oz. (92g) pre-cooked bacon
- 1 can 7.6 fl. oz. (225 ml) table cream (I used Table Cream by Nestlé)
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) dried chives
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) dried parsley
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) parmigiano reggiano, shredded
- ¼ tsp. (1 ml) salt
- ½ tsp. (2 ml) black pepper, grounded
- Stove + fuel
- Pot large enough for 2 liters (8 cups)
- Lightweight pan
- Wooden spoon to mix
- Knife or penknife
- Bowls to eat (you could always eat directly in the pot, no judgement here!)
- Sporks or forks!
- Mix in a plastic bag : dried chives, dried parsley, parmigiano reggiano, salt and black pepper.
- Cut or shred the bacon in small pieces.
- Sauté the bacon in the pan until it is a little crispy.
- Bring about 1 L of water to boil.
- Add the gnocchi.
- Cook until gnocchi float on the water.
- Add to the pan with the bacon and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the cream and the parmigiano mix.
- Mix well and enjoy!