This high-calorie meal is perfect to refuel after a long day of adventuring. Tasty and filling, without being overly heavy. Try it and you’ll adopt it!
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure here.
- ¾ cup (175 ml) dry macaroni
- ½ cup (125 ml) freeze dried broccoli
- ¾ cup (175 ml) freeze dried chicken
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) shelf-stable shredded parmesan
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) heavy cream powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) dried basil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch of freshly grounded black pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) ghee
- Stove + fuel
- Pot large enough for 1.5 liters (6 cups)
- Wooden spoon to mix
- Bowls to eat (you could always eat directly in the pot, no judgement here!)
- sporks or forks!
- Mix in plastic bag #1: macaroni, freeze-dried chicken and broccoli.
- Mix in plastic bag #2: parmesan, heavy cream powder, basil, garlic powder, ground black pepper and salt.
- Pack the ghee in a leakproof container.
- Bring 2¼ cup (560 ml) of water to boil.
- Pour content of bag #1.
- Cook until pasta are al dente. Do NOT drain. Remove from heat.
- Add the content of plastic bag #2 and ghee.
- Mix well and enjoy!